Nomadbase finance and sustainability
Finance and Sustainability
Goal : Better understanding for different projects and brainstorming on how to finance new projects. Create a document that describes problems about financing.
Topics to be discussed:
- Concerns on living and funding projects on a money environment
- Projects on budget zero ( no money involved)
- Nomad life based on money/ or not at all money
- Approaches on how projects are being founded and the philosophy behind it; problems and solutions
Two different approaches:
How to work within the money economy How to work without money entirely: Zero budget financing.
- Concerns on living and funding projects on a money environment.
Open source shares more information, is often better and sustains the community. Although sometimes even in this case you have to still use money to sustain the project.
What's the world like when finances are transparent and it allows you to analyse the way the money is being used?
Approaches on how projects are being founded and the philosophy behind it; problems and solutions
Traveling school of life Tea House Project Volunteering: How do you found a flat. School surfers
- Living without money
Currently: I need something and I need money to get it. But Money is only the tool to achieve a goal; money is not the goal itself.
Focus on my real goals, how can I achieve it without using money,
The key is to know my goals and decide on how to achieve it and come up with alternative ways to achieve it without involving money in the process.
Wish list without using money.
Goals, requirements and was of getting it.
A flat for example; the owner doesn't care about your project, he cares about the money he gets for the flat. Without money, no flat.
Idea: try to involve a person in the project and that really wants to contribute to it by giving the flat.
Giving people the opportunity to contribute finacially even if they don't have any money
Possible funding projects
- get free materials and put time into them and exchange them for money.
- Bike tour projects, make a tour company and let nomads make work that way.
- Soap making, toothpaste making, jam making, product making in general, ect...
- Having a labour force known, meaning that community based projects would be known in their community and could be called up to help with anything on a donation based rate, or set rate, or for something, ect. Straight labour temporary employment that could be used to fund the project... for example, moving things for homes, painting something, ect... straight unskilled labour jobs.
- Costs of the project, the base.
- income of the project, last months income, projected costs, ect.
Dinner, Donations, Deeds.
- The Tallin project considers people part of the project when they contribute in of the three ways mentioned above. By cooking dinner, donating financially, or by doing deeds for the house... like things needed done, work that funds the project, ect...