Give-away shops (also called freeshops or free stores) are shops where you can bring things and take things away for free. They are not charity shops, so items are freely available, and there is no quid pro quo barter - you don't have to bring something to take something either. They are often run out of squats, or else rely on concessionary rent from landlords. Frequently, they have a social function which goes beyond exchange of goods, such as a focus of community, or offering a public space for other non-profit enterprises.
- Moneyless.org about give-away shops
- Trashwiki article on freeshops
- list of Dutch give-away shops on weggeefwinkels.nl
- list of German give-away shops on coforum.de
- allesundumsonst.de - online give-away shop (german)
- List of free/giveaway shop lists on GiftEconomy.org
|This article is a stub. If you have any information for this article, you can help by expanding it.