Nomadbase communication strategy
Please move this page to Nomadbase communication strategy.Also to be migrated: nomadism • nomadbases • SHE • Past events
The communication strategy aims at bringing the knowledge of the existence of the nomadbase initiative to:
- Already existing nomadbases that wish to network with other similar initiatives
- People that wish to benefit from the experience of existing and networked nomad bases in order of open their own.
List of ideas
Each item of that list must be made into a paragraph further down the page, or a page of their own. If you have a great idea but no time to expand on it, list it already, someone else will do the job.
- Define a "nomadbase maintainer profile"
- List the channels that we may use to reach them
- Don't communicate too much (couchsurfing syndrome) ?????
- Open a communication page to list all the communication related items.
Rules of the game: Lets describe a personality that would apply to 70% of nomadbase maintainers but would not be too specific. We can use that "profile" to set the tone of our communication.
So, what does a nomad base maintainer look like?
- Age: 25-35
- Financially self sufficient
- Superior education.
- High degree of social skills
- Non conformist
- Alternative political views
- Strong personality - Don't like to be told what to do
- Not necessarily traveller
- Curious about new/efficient social paradigm
When actually communicating, do it like if you were talking to the person described above.
How to reach them
- Hospitality networks
- Create groups
- Publish on CS city groups and related interest groups (alternative ways of living...).
- Write a sample mail, put it on the communication page
- Open a page
- Link it to the profiles of the people participating in the initiative.
- Open an account
- Use a hashtag
- Other social net tool?
Put someone in charge of all that. There's nothing so pathetic than disused communication tool.
- How? We're no slave of the community!
What's that? Well, let's take an extreme: Some hippie commune with just one MS Windows computer that is always off anyways.
- Send travelers.
- Have communication material available in key-physical-places
What kind of physical places our non-tech target are likely to be found?
- How about: "Organisations" chapter below
Some organisations that are on the same wavelengh would link our website and/or put flyers on their desks and/or other, all it takes is to let them know. Also, for the non-tech, organisation with physical premisces might be the only propagation vector.
- Associations will definitely link us.
- Bloggers too
List of key words
Non profits, fair trade, environmental stuff, WOOF, volunteering
What do we actually use. Well, that goes on the communication page.