Sharing, most of the times, refers to the joint use of a resource. It can also mean other different things to different people such as:
- to give
- to have in common
- to distribute
Sharing is an offer or an agreement that is not asking for property in exchange. The outcome of the agreement could either be a small environtment of freedom for using a single thing (or asset) (i.e. let's share the pen), a bigger scope context (i.e. a global system for distributed allocation of resources) or a more abstract things (shared meaning, sharing values) through the same practice.
Sharing creates opportunities for mutual care between people by lowering the implicit authority there is in ownership. The owner, by the act or the declared fact of being sharing or willing to share his thing (or his ownership rights), is admitting that is not going to use his asking for property royalties force / rights during sharing.
Here, at sharewiki, like everywhere else* we are not going to draw a very strict line on what is or what is not sharing (at least for now), while at the same time you'll find pages like this one, the sharespaces or specially the sharefuls where the sharing line is much more defined than at plain sharing.
The basic arguments for sharing
- Sharing adds meaningfulness to our lives
- Sharing reduces barriers and help people to unfold their full potential
- Sharing is an energy-efficient and extremely resourceful strategy for humans organizing
- Sharing has the awkward trend to grow through the experiencing of it
Ways of sharing
- We could share very abundant goods or less abundant things.
- We could share skills by teaching/learning those.
- Kids do naturally share before getting corrupted by adults interpretation of ownership.
- Freedom definitions initiatives, user data manifesto and wikis or lots of more models
There's not always somebody to share with, and you are right thinking that other people could take advantages on you when you are ready to share something. That's why you should moderate your sharings. Just keep in mind that tending and living in the consciousness of being open to share creates the possibility to change (y)our world from the first moment you let that vibe being spread inside you.
"a person who does not share is not only selfish, but bitter and alone." - Paulo Coelho
By allowing others to use your things, you can maximize development possibilities for those things and others that will show up after that. By sharing, we could experience a more social life for a more abundant enjoying than the way proposed by the the capitalist scarcitism logic, which is just an appeal to fear fallacy.
- page on sharing on kosmix.com
- Share the World's Resources An Organisation Advocating for Sharing in the Global Economy - Information and Campaigns
- Towards a sharing manifesto manifesto.